USD / CHF
USD / CAD
EUR / JPY
AUD / USD

CG Sponsors

Deanna

Reaction score
Credits
Why are you so sure you'll be able to complete the bonus trading volume requirement? You'll need to have millions of dollars worth trades to get it.

Sponsored Post

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Exactly! 40% bonus on $1000 is $400. You'll need to have an 8 million bucks worth turnover to get it. Crazy!

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
I'm not sure I will be able to do that :) But I must give it a try. +40% return on account is something traders normally try to get as a yearly income if they've got a reasonable trading capital to run. I don't plan to push it and take extra risks. But if my calculations are correct, 8 000 000 is not too bad. First of all you can first divide it by 2, cuz both entry and exit count for volume. Next I still have my $1000+ capital and if I invest another 1K I'll have the capital doubled to work on this volume requirement seriously. It should take only about 100-200 trades to fulfill the requirement (need to get positions leveraged though) Anyway, this is my plan to invest more and daytrade actively to get some profits. If bonus comes in - that's good. I'll try to keep the leverage below 1:50 and we will see in 60 days what's gonna happen.

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Sounds like a good plan. I wish you all the best with it. However did you check with AAFX support to find out about volume being count both sides? I won't be so sure about it if I were you.

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Yeap, I’m absolutely sure about it. Volume counts for both entries and exits. I’ve clarified with support.

Deanna

Reaction score
Credits
Indices have gone absolutely crazy recently. I can’t get out of my mind your situation with BABA. Do you regret the early exit? How do you manage this disappointment? Its traded around $230 per share at the moment.

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
This is not the problem. Well… in fact it is, bit this is the kind of a problem that you must be able to manage if you plan to remain a trader for a long while. The disappointment is huge. This is a lot of profit I have missed when made this exit at $200. However, if you take closer look at the chart, you will notice that $200 really turned out to be a good resistance and there was a bounce down at that point. If sellers were a bit stronger this is actually where the stock could have made a reversal or a deeper retracement. I’ve made a trading decision to exit. I even fixed this decision here at this forum and this actually helps a lot. I said I think it is a good trade anyway, even if the price goes further up. And I said that BEFORE stock gained more in value. This is what I have to keep in mind. The exit was done by take profit. This is a good result. This time trade was not as profitable as it could be, but I know that overall it pays to exit at strong support and resistance. This is the trading rule I have to stick to to be profitable not once or twice, but on a long run.

Deanna

Reaction score
Credits
this is the kind of an approach that is worth respect indeed. Were there any special techniques you’ve used to develop this kind of a tranquility?

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
I don’t think this is a special approach or technique. Just pure reasoning and logic, and some statistics. That’s it. I don’t feel tranquille at all, but I still manage to keep trading reasonably. Sharing experience helps ;) The problem is that most people can’t put their emotions aside and just keep doing what they;ve got to be doing. This is monkey behavior. I don’t want to behave like a monkey, I’m a human. And I also have to keep in mind that I day trade with AAFX as well. When you day trade it’s even more difficult to remain calm as you don’t have enough time to evaluate your emotional state. You just keep making decision after decision. And each decision matters. Plus all this pressure with bonus requirements. Jeez, I think it’s a good idea for everyone to keep some kind of a public trading journal. It really helps.

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Tons of respect, dude! This is something we all have to learn to do. Separate emotions and right things to do.I hope you manage to fulfill those volume requirements of AAFX to get +40%. You really deserve it!

Sponsored Post