USD / CAD
EUR / JPY
AUD / USD

CG Sponsors

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
That was a one good trade! I’m not saying congratulations, cause you are not all out yet. But fingers crossed BABA will do good this month.
I didn’t fund my account yet, but I think I will in the nearest future. I’ll let you know in PM ;)

Sponsored Post

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for asking. I closed half of my position on October 28th and I’m happy I did. The initial risk on this trade was around $50 totally. Whatever happens now, I've fixed $140 profit already and I’m still in with half of the position size. The second target was $185 per share, but I didn't sell any, cause price is moving so nicely upwards. Depending on how it goes around $185 level, I’ll be making a further decision about the stocks I've still got.
By the way, thanks for making me your referral. I’ve sent information on your e-mail address to support. Waiting for approval of bonus now.
Why didn’t you by more shares? You’ve mentioned that stock investments require depos of over $1000. You could buy a lot more with this size of an account? Moreover, there is 20X leverage on stocks at AAFX. Why not use that advantage in full?

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Well, now that we know all turned out good with this trade I myself have a feeling I should have bought more, because the signal was so strong. But I know this is a dangerous feeling.
Let’s see here. I bought 20 lots (1 stock=1 lot here) at $164. So totally I’ve invested $3280 in this idea with Alibaba. Position was slightly leveraged, so I felt at ease, cause I had a proper stop loss. There was a chance of slippage on this stop if it happened, but according to my calculations, even if the price reached my stop of $161.5 and slipped for another 2-3 bucks, I still wouldn’t have lost more than $100 on this trade.
Now, let’s assume I’ve leveraged my position at max and bought 200 stocks. If we think of profits only, then $1500 sounds very fascinating. But what if I lost? I could get a margin call on this trade if it went wrong being fully leveraged! To tell the truth, for my account size even $100 risk is too big. This was a lucky profitable trade but I risked over 5% of my capital in it, which is not a good idea at all.

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Gotcha, thanks for explaining! Having these numerical examples it’s easier to understand how leverage works.

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
By the way, some great news here. Just got my 5% referral bonus for Hendadda’s funded account! Congrats on becoming another AAFX live trader!!!

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Just in case someone is still following my BABA trade, I've closed it Friday at $200 per share, which is above my initial expectation. Alibaba still has got some potential but we are so close to strong resistance now, that I wanna quit. It was a good trade for sure. The other reason is that Google had a breakout of the range and I need to have free margin to be able to buy in case it shows the signs that the break out is not false. I'm considering buying it at $1250 now with a small stop.
google aafx trade.png

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Awesome trade on BABA. Hope Google will do no worse.
I'm glad you did get that bonus as a referral! To tell the truth I'm a bit upset now that I didn't wait a bit longer. Now AAFX offers 40% bonus and a holiday season campaign :(

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Do they? Well, I'm sorry you've missed the chance, but glad you've mention that. I'll definitely use this chance to top up my account. I really don't have enough margin now to trade both stocks with longterm goals and perform small speculative trades on a daily basis. From what I learned the offer is valid till Jan 10th. I'll need to ask everyone give me cash as a Christmas gift :)

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
Good luck on your Google idea!
I've got a question though. I can understand why you don't want to leverage your stocks overnight positions. You can face some gaps here, so the risk is really big. Even 20:1 is probably too much for stocks as you've mentioned already. But why not use some leverage for currencises daytrading?

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Credits
You are right, absolutely no reason to ignore the opportunity that AAFX gives with leverage if we speak of intraday positions on some liquid assets like top currency pairs, gold or oil. In fact, I'm using such a leverage. I don't really have much choice, because the largest part of the margin is used for maintaining overnight positions. But even under these circumstances I can't open multiple intraday positions with a decent size. I run out of margin. This is why I'm seriously considering the option to double my deposit at AAFX while they still have this 40% bonus available.

Sponsored Post