USD / CHF
USD / CAD
EUR / JPY
AUD / USD

CG Sponsors

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Yeap, it was out-of-schedule meeting, when panicking officials decided they don’t care about trader’s feelings and accounts. It was not on the AAFX calendar in the morning, but got added there later. Just like everywhere else. I think all these calendars come out of one source, so there is no need to search for any special one unless you like some layout better than the other..But if you can subscribe to any daily market watch reports that could be beneficial along with the calendar for sure. For example AAFX had this issue with possible 0.5 rate cut in their report on Tuesday early in the morning. This actually saved me some $$ as I was holding a short EURUSD position at that time but closed it after reading the report.

Sponsored Post

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
I got you guys, thanks! Can’t believe some daily report could be helpful. Normally it’s such a bullshit. Moreover, very BORING one.

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Normally yes, I agree, you better trust your technical analysis and common sense. However since i’ve started trading overnight I try to keep myself up-to-date with important events. AS you’ve noticed, collecting such information is very boring, so I let my broker do it for me :) Such a daily report, similar to the one AAFX has, can save you a lot of time simply mentioning the most important global trends of economy in a couple of paragraphs. Here, look what they’ve wrote that unforgettable Tuesday about the possible 0.5% rate cut by FR:

Attachments

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
That’s great and I guess these daily reports can really be helpful sometimes. But what recently happens in these correlations between news and markets - this is total madness. I mean I’m used now to all this volatility, to sudden Fed Reserve meetings, etc. But what Trump does in his Twitter! Is it even legal? This Thursday oil had an intraday gap of one dollar!!! One dollar GAP, guys! I’ve spent an hour watching the economic calendars and trying to understand what’s going on. And it turned out Trump spread some rumors on Twitter.

Deanna

Reaction score
You are right, this is madness. And I have no doubt someone knew exactly what Trump is going to twit about and made a few million dollars. If not billions. And yeah, this is illegal to use inside information for personal benefit. Just difficult to get the evidence.

Hulas

Fun Poster
Reaction score
LOL, this is not the first time when “Real Donal Trump” stormed the markets. But the most recent twit was definitely the winner. Oil is volatile by itself, its true, but I’ve never seen intraday gaps here. Well, the gap was really bad when this agreement between Arabia and Russia didn’t work out. But it was an over-weekend gap. I wouldn’t want to be in oil short that Thursday. I bet some traders who were shorting Brent and WTI had a chance to appreciate negative balance protection.

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
It could be funny if it wasn’t this sad. Yeah, that’s correct that here at AAFX customers are protected from negative balance, this is great. But this does not mean the loss can’t be painful enough. For example, I really was shorting oil at that time. I was in a long-term trade and position was rather profitable. And I’ve lost all these profits in just 10 minutes. Even the fact that I was trailing the stop didn’t help much :(

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. But yeah, that’s better than getting a 10X stop. BTW, do you always trail your profitable positions?

Poinwan

Fun Poster
Reaction score
No, I don’t always do that. This depends on the situation really. It’s hard to explain. You know, let’s cheer up a bit. These times are historical. Markets won’t stay this volatile forever. This is the golden time to start trading, to take the risks and to earn fortunes. Just keep in mind the thing about the neg balance protection. It’s a must ;)

Hendadda

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Has anyone here tried using trading robots with AAFX Trading? Any trouble with that?

Sponsored Post