BTC USD 85,579.0 Gold USD 4,121.55
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

INT Tottenham Hotspur

apa2 pun tahniah lah spurs sebab dpt pecahkan rekod tanpa kalah Fulham musim nie...good job spurs...
 
kalu yahudi pon nape? haihh..... terus nak balun tuka kelab? hohohoho xpayah la nak stigma sangat... team2 lain pon ramai jugak yahudinye...
 
next BPL game, spurs jumpa everton kat white hart lane...harap2 boleh menang..dapat cucuk mak ct dan team biru...
 
Redknapp: Spurs are two big signings from title

Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham are just "one or two big signings" away from being genuine Premier League title contenders and even cheekily suggested Wayne Rooney could be one such player.

While Manchester City have climbed to second place in the Premier League on the back of Carlos Tevez's goals, Tottenham have failed to make that step and Redknapp has insisted Spurs are just a world class player or two short of challenging the likes of City, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.

Redknapp said: "We may be one or two big signings away from being a team that could win the title. One or two players in the right positions - and I'm talking about top, top players. If we could do that I think Tottenham are a team that could win the championship in a couple of years. This squad is just so full of talent, anyway. [Chairman] Daniel [Levy] has done a great job backing my judgment and improving the squad that I really believe we're not far away from that level."

Speaking ahead of his side's Champions League clash at Inter Milan, Redknapp said he would "talk to his chairman and see if we can get Rooney to Tottenham" when asked about the wantaway Manchester United man, before admitting Tottenham would likely be well down the pecking order of potential suitors.

Meanwhile, Heurelho Gomes is licking his lips at the prospect of Gareth Bale and Maicon squaring off in Tottenham's mouthwatering Champions League clash with Inter Milan on Wednesday night. The battle of the star wide men is arguably the pick of the head-to-head encounters at the San Siro as Spurs look to build on the impressive start to life among the elite of the European game.

And Gomes is ideally placed to assess the merits of Bale, who has been one of the revelations of the season, and Maicon, who is widely regarded as the best attacking full back around. That is because the 29-year-old goalkeeper has been a team-mate of both men: Bale at Tottenham, and Maicon for Brazil.

"I am very excited to see how this will go,'' Gomes enthused. "Gareth is on fire and Maicon is a great right back. It is a Champions League game and we play against a great opponent. Maicon is a big, big player.''

Bale and Maicon's respective managers were also keen to sing their respective players' praises, with Spurs boss Redknapp once again warning the former's suitors that his star youngster is "not for sale''.

"Certainly, I wouldn't want to be selling Gareth Bale,'' Redknapp said of the 21-year-old. "He is one of the very best left sided players in the world and he is still only a young boy. He is a fantastic player."

Maicon has not quite hit the heights under new manager Rafael Benitez as he did under former boss Jose Mourinho. But Benitez said of the man named UEFA defender of the season last term: "He's the best right offensive full back in the world. I believe he's improving every day.

"There isn't any problem. We just have to wait for him and he will be back at his best.''

Right-back Maicon is not the only familiar face to Gomes in the Inter line-up, with Julio Cesar also a key player for the European champions. And the pre-match banter is already under way between the men who have previously vied for the Brazil No. 1 jersey.

Gomes said: "We were talking about the game on Monday and he told me they need to win and, if I let one goal in, this is going to be easy for them, but if not, it will be difficult for them. He is a great goalkeeper and I respect him a lot. I know him from a long time ago - he is a great guy and I think it will be a great encounter.''

Another reunion will be between Benitez and Peter Crouch, who the Spaniard both signed and sold while at Liverpool. Striker Crouch felt undervalued by Benitez but the latter insisted yesterday that was not the case.

"He is a nice boy, very good professional, very good player,'' Benitez said. "We signed him and he was 14 games without scoring and I was supporting him after every single game. So the relationship was fantastic. I wanted to keep him but, unfortunately for him and not for us, we signed (Fernando) Torres. And (Steven) Gerrard and Torres together scored around 55 goals. It was clear that he had to wait.''
 
Crouch hopes to stun old boss Benitez

Peter Crouch will have a point to prove against former boss Rafa Benitez when Tottenham Hotspur take on Inter Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

Spurs striker Crouch worked under Benitez for three "frustrating" years at Anfield but eventually moved on to Portsmouth in a £9 million deal after scoring 22 goals in 85 appearances for the Reds.

Crouch, who famously took four months and 19 games to score his first goal for Liverpool, sat on the bench for 78 minutes of Liverpool's 2007 Champions League final defeat to AC Milan in Athens and it is still something that rankles the big striker.

"It was one of the most frustrating points of my career," Crouch told The Telegraph. "I'd scored a few goals in the run-up and went into that final thinking I'd play. But we played with Dirk Kuyt up front on his own.

"I remember warming up with Craig Bellamy and he's not shy about coming forward. Bellers was screaming 'we've got to get one of us on'. Milan weren't as good as before. If we'd gone for Milan we'd have got a result."

Crouch also revelaed that it was often confusing working under Benitez at Liverpool and found it difficult to figure out where he stood with the manager.

"When I was playing under Rafa I'd sometimes not know what he was thinking," Crouch said. "Rafa goes about his business differently to Harry Redknapp. Harry's honest in his assessment.

"If you've had a bad game, he'll tell you in no uncertain terms. If you've done really well for him, he'll put an arm round the shoulder and tell you how fantastic you are. I'd feel on top of the world. It was a guessing game with Rafa. Towards the end it was frustrating. I was doing well and not getting the chances I deserved. It would be nice to score in the San Siro."

Tottenham go into the game in Italy missing suspended Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart, but level on points with reigning European champions Inter at the top of Group A.
 
Back
Top
Log in Register