BTC USD 85,533.8 Gold USD 4,131.50
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

INT Tottenham Hotspur

Huddlestone cleared by UEFA over Janko elbow

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone will not be charged by UEFA for his apparent elbow on Twente forward Marc Janko in the Champions League last week.

Janko claimed Huddlestone deliberately ''smashed his arm into my face'' and left him with a nosebleed during last Wednesday's Group A clash at White Hart Lane. But, after viewing video footage of the incident, UEFA confirmed that Huddlestone had no case to answer.

A spokesperson said: ''UEFA's disciplinary department looked into the matter and decided not to open a case.''

Spurs are already without key midfielder Rafael van der Vaart for the upcoming double header against Inter Milan after he was sent off against the Dutch side, so the news comes as a huge relief to boss Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp insisted at the time that Huddlestone made contact with his elbow but cast doubt on whether there was any intent.

''It's not like Tom - he's not at all an aggressive player, he's a fantastic footballer and a great guy,'' he said after the match. ''It looked like he caught him with an elbow. Whether he meant to do it, I'm not so sure.''

ESPN Soccernet
 
Redknapp hopeful over Huddlestone elbow

Harry Redknapp says he hopes that UEFA is not considering charging Tom Huddlestone with violent conduct after he appeared to elbow an opponent in the face in Tottenham's Champions League thrashing of FC Twente.

Twente forward Marc Janko claims Huddlestone deliberately ''smashed his arm into my face'' and left him with a nosebleed while the pair tussled during Wednesday evening's Group A clash at White Hart Lane.

Spurs midfielder Huddlestone was not punished over the incident on the night - indeed he was being fouled by Janko at the time and the free-kick went the other way - but UEFA may decide to take retrospective action after viewing video evidence.

Manager Redknapp revealed he had watched footage of the first-half challenge and acknowledged Huddlestone had made contact with his elbow but cast doubt on whether there was any intent.

''I have looked at it. I'd be a liar if I sat here and said I hadn't it, wouldn't I? I know some managers do that,'' he said. ''It's not like Tom, he's not at all an aggressive player, he's a fantastic footballer and a great guy.

''It looked like he caught him with an elbow. Whether he meant to do it, I'm not so sure. Hopefully, nothing will come of it and we can all move on.''

Were Huddlestone to be charged and banned over the matter, he could miss Spurs' mouthwatering Champions League double-header with holders Inter Milan.

Janko said: ''If you look at the TV pictures, you will see he clearly hit me on purpose. He smashed his arm into my face. Then when I showed the ref my bleeding nose, he smiled at me.''

Spurs later had Rafael van der Vaart dismissed for two bookable offences and Janko claimed his side would have won the game had they been playing nine men.

He added: ''With Huddlestone off and then Van der Vaart, we would have stolen the three points. It's sad they needed the ref's help.''

ESPN Soccernet
 
Corluka determined to rediscover his form

Tottenham Hotspur's Vedran Corluka has suffered a few tough weeks during which his performances have come under the microscope, but the defender still believes he has a lot to offer.

Corluka was all a sea in the club's opening Champions League game at Werder Bremen, when Spurs surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2.

But the Croatia international has brushed aside the criticism.

"I honestly do not feel like a player who is out of form," he told the Croatian press. "It is true that I've watched from the bench in a few games but, my God, better players than me have sat there so I don't see why it would be the reason for any trauma.

"I was really bad against Werder. There is no justification for such a game. But, after three years of playing without rest, it's logical that there is a period when these things don't go the way you'd imagined. There is no drama.

"Just as I've enjoyed it before, I now have to accept the other side of the coin and win back my position."

ESPN Soccernet
 
Modric acknowledges injury struggles

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric says his injury problems this season have made it difficult for him to find his best form.

Modric has been one of Spurs' star performers in recent times, but he has not been at the top of his game in the current campaign.

"For me, I'm a little out of rhythm," he told the club's official website. "I've had a couple of injuries this season and I'm not yet back into my rhythm but, in a couple of games, I'll settle down and play better.

"I just need to be fitter. It's been hard for me because I've had a couple of injuries but in a couple of matches I'll be back into full shape."

The arrival of Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid has compensated for Modric's loss of form, though, and the Croatia star says he is delighted by the signing.

"It's not hard to play well with that kind of player and I'm happy he's here with us," he said. "Rafa is an exceptional player and he's showed that since he came to the club. He's a great signing."

ESPN Soccernet
 
Spurs fans told to leave Star of David regalia at home

(AFP) – 12 hours ago

ROME — Italian authorities on Friday denied reports that Milanese police had told Tottenham fans coming to watch their side in Champions League action at Inter Milan on Wednesday not to bring Star of David banners.

The star is a traditional club symbol extending beyond religious connotations - though the London side do have a solid base of Jewish fans.

According to the Tottenham website, "the police authorities have advised that those flags showing the Star of David will not be allowed access and may be confiscated. Please respect this request."

But, via Milanese local politician Emanuele Fiano, the police denied issuing such a specific instruction.

"The Milan prefect, Gian Valerio Lombardi, with whom I have spoken, has denied that any Italian police authority has made any stipulation against banners bearing the Star of David," Fiano said.

"I note as much with satisfaction, as otherwise I would have gone to the stadium myself with a Star of David flag," he added.

The Star of David flags have an association with Spurs going back to the club's early days in the 1880s.

News that the banners would not be welcome angered the chairman of the Maccabi Italia association of Jews in Italy, Vittorio Pavoncello, who the ANSA news agency quoted as saying that the police might do "better to ban those who insult this symbol".
 
Italy to ban Star of David flags at Tottenham soccer match

Tottenham Hotspur SC says on website that Italian police will not allow flags with Star of David at European Championship game in Milan.

Fans of the English soccer club Tottenham Hotspur SC are being told not to bring any flags with the Jewish Star of David on it if they plan to cheer their team on in its European championship game on Thursday in Milan, Italy.

Israeli flag

1079898329.jpg


Israeli flag
Photo by: Daniel Bar-On

The soccer club, which has a large Jewish following, posted on its website about the upcoming game in Italy: "police authorities have advised that those flags showing the Star of David will not be allowed access and may be confiscated. Please respect this request."

The club reportedly consulted with Italian police before the decision was made on banning the flags.

The club's management said that the policy of not allowing flags with political or religious messages is already known and accepted by most fans.

The Israeli flag shows a blue star of David on a white background.

Harap penggemar2 EPL yg beragama Islam dapat berfikir dengan panjang dan waras.
 
Italy to ban Star of David flags at Tottenham soccer match

Tottenham Hotspur SC says on website that Italian police will not allow flags with Star of David at European Championship game in Milan.



Harap penggemar2 EPL yg beragama Islam dapat berfikir dengan panjang dan waras.

ramai lak yahudi minat spurs
 
kalo tak silap aku area tottenham hotspurs ni kt tmpt komuniti yahudi di kota london...kelab2 lain pun tak terkecuali gak ada supporter yahudi..tp tak seramai dgn spur..
 
Back
Top
Log in Register