BTC USD 83,305.4 Gold USD 4,190.99
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

General advises and experiences sharing for forex traders

I usually keep my risk per trade under 2% of my account balance. I use leverage up to 200, and like you, I don’t trade more than $100 per position. Managing risk is more important to me than chasing big profits.
 
News can be unpredictable, and relying solely on it often leads to emotional trading. Making your own analysis and using strong stop-loss and take-profit levels, especially while scalping, helps protect your account and keeps your strategy consistent even during sudden market moves.
 
Using 300:1 leverage can be powerful, but without proper risk management, it’s dangerous. Many traders blow their accounts due to poor strategies and emotional decisions. High leverage magnifies both gains and losses, so it's crucial to use stop-loss, manage lot size wisely, and protect your capital at all times.
 
Forex trading offers great potential for those willing to learn and stay disciplined. With minimal entry barriers and the ability to trade from home, it’s accessible to many. Success lies in understanding market trends, using solid strategies like technical or fundamental analysis, and always remembering the rule—buy low, sell high.
 
Both basic knowledge and demo practice are essential. Understanding forex concepts lays the foundation, while demo trading builds real experience without risk. Combining theory with practice helps beginners gain confidence and develop skills before trading live, increasing their chances of long-term success.
 
Demo trading lets you apply strategies without risk, helping you learn market behavior and discipline. Following basic rules during practice builds a strong foundation. Consistent practice improves decision-making, so when you trade live, you’re better prepared to handle real market challenges and increase your chances of success.
 
Admitting weaknesses is key to growth. I sometimes overtrade when feeling confident, risking too much. Like you, I’m working on discipline—setting strict trading hours and avoiding unnecessary screen time. Limiting impulsive trades helps protect capital and keeps emotions in check. What strategies will you use to improve?
 
A few years ago, I knew absolutely nothing about Forex — just that people traded currencies and somehow made money from it. I started with a demo account, watched YouTube tutorials late at night, and kept a trading journal of every win and loss. Honestly, I lost more than I gained at first, but each mistake taught me something new.

What really helped me level up was learning proper risk management and understanding economic news. I stopped chasing profits and focused on consistency. Over time, I built a strategy that fits my personality and schedule. Now, I don’t consider myself a guru, but I’m confident and profitable.

If you’re serious about becoming a Forex expert, be patient, keep learning, and never stop testing your approach. The market rewards discipline, not luck.
 
I know that knowledge is such an integral part of becoming a successful trader. But how much knowledge do we need? IS basic knowledge about forex literature already enough? Is knowledge from demo practice will do? Or both sources of knowledge is important? give me your opinions so that we can enlighten the beginners.
Of course, a basic knowledge is absolutely necessary but the rest can be learned through practice.
But you need to be patient with it.
 
Basic forex knowledge is essential, but not enough on its own. Real growth comes from combining theory with demo practice. Literature builds your foundation, while demo trading sharpens execution and discipline. Both are equally important—one teaches what to do, the other teaches how to do it. Beginners should embrace both for long-term success.
 

Latest Posts

Live Forex Chart

Currency
Rates
EUR / USD
1.13501
USD / JPY
156.842
GBP / USD
1.32548
USD / CHF
0.83333
USD / CAD
1.41874
EUR / JPY
178.017
AUD / USD
0.69696
Back
Top
Log in Register