- Nov 23, 2012
- Reaction score
Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox 72.0 changelog:
- Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection marks a major new milestone in our battle against cross-site tracking: we now block fingerprinting scripts by default for all users, taking a new bold step in the fight for our users’ privacy.
- Firefox replaces annoying notification request pop-ups with a more delightful experience, by default for all users. The pop-ups no longer interrupt your browsing, in its place, a speech bubble will appear in the address bar when you interact with the site.
- Picture-in-picture video is now also available in Firefox for Mac and Linux: Select the blue icon from the right edge of a video to pop open a floating window so you can keep watching while working in other tabs or apps. Learn how the feature works.
- Various security fixes
- Support for blocking images from individual domains has been removed from Firefox, because of low usage and poor user experience.
- Experimental support for using client certificates from the OS certificate store can be enabled by setting the preference security.osclientcerts.autoload to true (Windows only).
- Developer Information
- Debugger Watchpoints let developers observe object property access and writes for easier to track data flow through an application.
- Firefox now supports simulation of meta viewport in Responsive Design Mode.
Firefox 72.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 72.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~60.0 MB
Download: Firefox 72.0.1 for MacOS | 69.5 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes