BTC USD 85,826.3 Gold USD 4,140.79
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

INT Tottenham Hotspur

Spurs given permission to sign Van der Vaart

The Premier League have given Tottenham Hotspur permission to sign Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid for €11 million.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was alerted to the availability of Van der Vaart late on deadline day and acted quickly to thrash out personal terms with the midfielder.

The Premier League had investigated Spurs' claim that they had difficulties with the computer servers used in the transaction between themselves and Real, which hindered their attempts to submit the relevant paperwork on time.

The Premier League said in a statement: "The Premier League can confirm the transfer of Rafael van der Vaart's registration from Real Madrid to Tottenham Hotspur.''

A statement on Spurs' website read: "We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Rafael Van der Vaart. The Holland international came through the ranks at Ajax and won two league titles during 141 appearances with the Eredivisie side, scoring 60 goals before leaving for Hamburg in the summer of 2005.

"The attacking midfielder, 27, was the Bundesliga side's leading scorer in his first season in Germany and went on to captain the side before joining Real Madrid ahead of the 2007/08 campaign. Rafael has been capped by Holland a total of 83 times, scoring 16 goals, since making his international debut against Andorra in 2001 at the age of 18.

"He has since represented the Netherlands at two European Championships and two World Cups, including this summer's tournament in South Africa where he featured five times in the side's run to the final."

Madrid have denied Redknapp's claim the player was subject of an €21 million bid from Bayern Munich.

Van der Vaart has already spoken of his delight at agreeing a deal and is ready to test himself in the Premier League.

"Four years at Spurs, for €11 million, I can hardly believe it myself," Van der Vaart told De Telegraaf. "It's a pity I cannot now play against Ajax in the Champions League but I will get to face FC Twente."

The speed of a deal came as a surprise to the player, who said: "The interest from Tottenham came very quick and I did not have much time to think. But I want to play football again and if possible every week, with a beautiful club. I 'm totally happy."

Van der Vaart has played in the Netherlands, Germany and Spain and is now looking forward to a new chapter in his career.

"I am excited about playing in England. Whether it suits my style remains to be seen, but I think a good footballer can adapt and I am very proud of this transfer."

ESPN Soccernet
 
Sandro finally arrives at White Hart Lane

Sandro, the Brazilian new signing at Tottenham who angered Harry Redknapp by not turning up for the start of the new season, has finally arrived in north London. He slipped in under the radar during the hectic transfer window at White Hart Lane.

The defensive midfielder, who cost £5 million, from Internacional, has begun training with his new team-mates after staying on to appear for his country after winning the Copa Libertadores with his club.

Sandro, 21, is inspired by the prospect of performing in the Champions League with Spurs and said: "It is a pleasure to finally be here. I am extremely happy that I have been given the opportunity to join a club like Spurs.

"I cannot wait to get out on to the pitch and show all the fans what I can do. I am determined to make a positive impression on English football and help Spurs move on to a new level.

"Spurs are a team who are talked about a lot in Brazil. They are one of the biggest teams not only in England but also in Europe because of their history.

"I watched every game last season when Spurs were going for fourth place, cheering them on and hoping they would qualify. When they finally did achieve qualification it was an absolutely fantastic moment."

In an interview on the clubs official website he continued: "The Champions League is the best club competition in the world and I am looking forward to competing at this level. I know Spurs has everything that it takes to go further in the competition and I will do everything I can to help.

"The Premier League is the best league in the world. It is a strong league played at great pace and I think my style of play will adapt quickly to this kind of football."

It has not been easy leaving Internacional, as he added: "It was a fantastic moment to win the Copa Libertadores. I was understandably delighted to win it with teammates who I have been with for many years.

"Internacional helped me grow as a footballer and a person from a very young age and it was a great achievement to leave on such a high.

"It was a fantastic achievement and now I hope to have many more successes with my new team. I have a fantastic opportunity here at Tottenham I am absolutely delighted to be here."

ESPN Soccernet
 
huisshh..bertambah hebat la spurs nt..ni kira zaman golden age la ni...hrp2 dpt top 4 lg...ni pasukn aku minat dr kecik lg.
 
spurs player die yg aku minat gareth bale..
 
hoyehhh!~ sudah ade backup utk each position. van der vaart bley main kiri n kanan gak bersama kranjarc. so xde la crap sgt luka modric tu nak main kiri kalau ekotto tu jadi *****.

tapi kranjarc ni mentality suka masuk deep and bukan jenis flank player. rotate same modric.

p/s: january transfer yg akan quit dari spurs probably adalah jenas, hutton and to be sad also will be o'hara. haih.. need lassana diarra @ muntari~
 
hoyehhh!~ sudah ade backup utk each position. van der vaart bley main kiri n kanan gak bersama kranjarc. so xde la crap sgt luka modric tu nak main kiri kalau ekotto tu jadi *****.

tapi kranjarc ni mentality suka masuk deep and bukan jenis flank player. rotate same modric.

p/s: january transfer yg akan quit dari spurs probably adalah jenas, hutton and to be sad also will be o'hara. haih.. need lassana diarra @ muntari~

lamo abam antudegil x nmpk kek sini
welcome back here :)paid
 
sapo la kito ni. xde kepentingan pon. huhuhuhu~ dok tepi2 je dah la.
 
Back
Top
Log in Register