BTC USD 57,199.6 Gold USD 1,777.42
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

Task Manager Wont Open

Charlesedwin

Freshie
Reaction score
Task Manager Wont Open

I'll put it as bluntly and as simple as i think it should be.
Its been going on for a week.
Im running vista home premium 32bit SP2
Happend after i uninstalled NOD32(Antivirus version),Zonealarm Firewall free.
I did install another antivirus immediatly after i uninstalled that one(KasperskyIS.)
I cannot run it through Start->Search->taskmgr.exe(It says windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Same thing happens when i run it from the system32 Dir.
CTRL+ALT+DEL brings up the vista selection then i click task manager, nothing happensRunning as admin makes no difference.
I've allways been the admin of the computer,mine is the only account.I did find 2 viruses under Java, caught by Kaspersky, deleting them had no difference to task manager.
I have scanned my computer in normal desktop mode with Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, Malware bytes with no viruses I have scanned my computer in safe mode with Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, MBAM with no viruses.I can run task manager in safe mode, which leads me to bieleve i have a virus.i can run AFAIK all other admin programs.... i have noticed a difference in some access to items though, just that some things require me to command "Run as admin" I have run SFC.I have run Check Disk.My computer starts up around 20seconds longer then usual Dont bother saying its disabled or something....it is NOT disabled,I have spent atleast 50 hours trying to fix this, that is not a joke. Crutchety(in the HJT Log) is what i named HJT. I may have missed some things that ive tried, but this is the best information i can give to what ive done. Also, the HJT Log i attatched is while a Internet explorer windows is open, i did it while i was writing this if one is needed without IE Open, or in safe mode let me know. Please and Thank you to all.

Sponsored Post

taufic

Legendary Member
Paid Membership
Reaction score
untitled-4.png

screenshot :D

Sponsored Post

CG Sponsors