BTC USD 85,366.5 Gold USD 4,140.83
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

stochastic oscillators.

Stochastic divergence can be a strong early warning, especially when it aligns with a higher timeframe level. The downside is false signals in strong trends, so I prefer to pair it with structure or a clear level break
 
The downside is false signals in strong trends, so I prefer to pair it with structure or a clear level break
Yes, it's important to be able to filter signals from this indicator. You can determine the trend on the H4 or D1 timeframes and look for entry signals on lower timeframes that match the trend direction on the aforementioned higher timeframes.
 
From my experience stochastic gives much better signals when I first read the H4 or D1 trend and only then look for entry on lower timeframe. If I use it alone, it gives too many traps in strong market moves
 
Stochastic is useless in a sideways market. It just goes up and down too much. I prefer using it when the market has a clear direction.
 
Stochastic is much better as a timing tool than a standalone signal. In a strong trend, “overbought” or “oversold” can stay that way for ages, so I’d rather see it line up with structure, HTF direction, or a clean rejection level first
 

Latest Posts

Live Forex Chart

Currency
Rates
EUR / USD
1.12610
USD / JPY
157.840
GBP / USD
1.32105
USD / CHF
0.83040
USD / CAD
1.42465
EUR / JPY
177.744
AUD / USD
0.69390
Back
Top
Log in Register