How did the word Soccer come ?

CG Sponsors

daviddean

Freshie
Reaction score
Hi Guys !

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one 'SOCCER'. How did this word come to be? Football is self-explanatory, but soccer ?

Sponsored Post

Niyang

CG Top Poster Club
Reaction score
From my knowledge, Soccer word is from the malaysia language, the Havard Unversity has discover the word of Soccer has from the malaysia, it was the begining the 21century at one place in the south of malaysia (johor kot...) the one football match was played in some district with the game has involved the local people againt the british militiary, during the game on the local commentator was talking about the game, just like that.....

"Ya itu dier pemain no 10 membawa bola dgn lajunyer.. itu dier...yaa... tu dia..dier merembat bola dan maSUK KER [/B]pintu gol... itu dier golll..."

The word has listening by the the british militiary and then..They were interested over the word nad was declare the game should call the SUK KER...Until now the Suk Ker was change by the century in west people and call "SOCCER..."

p/s: the british was s..uck coz they were always claim the other people dorang punya ... mangkuk ayun...

TT

CG Super Hardcore Club
Reaction score
sucker?...

JuanCarlos

Fun Poster
Reaction score
The word soccer came into use in the late 19th century and has its origins in the word 'As-soc-iation' (as in association football). The practice of adapting words in this way (and adding an '-er' ending to them) also spawned the word 'rugger' and was particularly common among young Victorian gentlemen of the time. England international C Wreford-Brown, who played for both Oxford University and Corinthians, is the man widely credited with first using the term. Americans are, of course, eternally grateful to Mr Wreford-Brown. --- from the book Motson's National Obsession; The Greatest Football Trvia Book Ever...

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Post