BTC USD 84,710.3 Gold USD 4,178.84
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

$21,000 burn

Pak.Lang

Active Member
Messages
1,595
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
137
Points
33
War story, huh? How about a real nightmare story....About 2 years ago, right before New Years day, I was packing my stuff getting ready to go to Vegas to spend New Year..and I noticed the Pound/Yen had just moved about 400 pips down...I figured it was time to do a long scalp. So I put a 2 lot trade ($20 a pip) and tried to get about 10 pips against the trend. Well it quickly moves down another 50 pips(and I freeze up) but what I didn't know was that the market closed early that friday, and I didn't have a stop loss on. So I fly to Vegas and figure Monday I'll take care of the trade. I wasn't worried because I figured it would retrace eventually and I'd get back to even. Monday, when I log on, it had moved over another 600 pips down. This is when the Dow first started really crashing. I'm now $11,000.00 down and I only had a 13,000$ account to start with. Now I've only got $2,000 left in the account. So I run to a branch of Bank 0f America and I wire in $8000.00 to my broker so I don't blow out the account. I figure there is no way it's going down enough to take that money too. I still don't have a stop-loss cause I don't want to get out while I'm this far down. I decide to forget about things and enjoy my trip and wait for it to come back. That night it goes down another 500 pips and my account gets liquidated. Pound/yen must have dropped 2000 pips in a few days. Total loss $21,000.00. And in the next 6 months the Pound/yen never came close to coming back where it was before that. So if anyone says, "It can't go down any more....." Don't listen.

- Azhar :D
 
Trade forex hati kena cekal
X ada rezeki hari ini akan ada rezeki lebih baik utk anda kemudian hari
 
follow the trend..
 
kalau dia bagitau tarikh kejadian bagus gak, aku nak tgk gj turun kaw2 tu
 
memang hati kering ni...

kalau aku masuk post $10 per pip, aku tak gi mana2 dah...
 
mmg menggila ...kalau convert rm..pergghh
 
yg aku tau black october 2008 yg GJ junam kaw2...
tapi citer ni awal tahun baru lak...
ntah btol ke ni?

but moral of the story boleh pakai le.....
 
2000 pip tanpa retrace..really nightmare....tat's why we need to put SL
 

Latest Posts

Live Forex Chart

Currency
Rates
EUR / USD
1.12444
USD / JPY
158.097
GBP / USD
1.31941
USD / CHF
0.83113
USD / CAD
1.42201
EUR / JPY
177.692
AUD / USD
0.69294
Back
Top
Log in Register