BTC USD 60,384.9 Gold USD 1,728.85
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

lfc Info News: Confident Of Keeping Suarez

67701398444705642qw.jpg

Liverpool are confident of resisting interest from Real Madrid in star striker Luis Suarez this summer, [football] direct news understands.

The Uruguayan international was strongly tipped to be leaving Anfield for the Bernabeu last summer, with Arsenal also tracking him at the time and with the player supposedly pushing to be allowed to leave the club.

However, much has changed since then, and with Suarez being persuaded to stay and sign a new contract with Liverpool by manager Brendan Rodgers, he has gone on to produce another fantastic season for the side and put them within touching distance of securing the Premier League title.

Real Madrid are still being linked with a summer bid for the 27-year-old, who has contributed 30 goals and 12 assists to the Reds' cause this term, but a club insider now believes Suarez is settled at the club and not interested in leaving.

With Rodgers' side so close to their first title in 24 years, the club could receive a major spending boost for this summer's transfer window as they try to establish themselves as a force in the English game again, and Suarez is seemingly keen to be a part of the long-term project at Liverpool.

"I think we're in a much stronger position now than we were a year ago regarding Suarez," a Liverpool source explained. "We're aware of Real's interest, but I don't think there's a price we'd accept right now and I don't think Luis wants to go."

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
imzza
Views
Last update

More entries in Others

More entries from imzza