Sponsored Post

cek mek molek

CG Super Hardcore Club
gemgemgemgemgemgem
Paid Membership
Top Poster #4
Reaction score
Awards
#rom Nadal berkata, orang ramai mesti berhenti membandingkan dirinya dengan rakan senegaranya dari Sepanyol itu.
https://www.hmetro.com.my/.../05/840967/nadal-tabik-alcaraz

Nadal tabik Alcaraz​

AKSI Alcaraz di Terbuka Madrid minggu lalu. FOTO AFP
AKSI Alcaraz di Terbuka Madrid minggu lalu. FOTO AFP

Rom: Bintang tenis, Rafael Nadal berkata peningkatan yang dipamerkan Carlos Alcaraz adalah baik untuk sukan itu tetapi orang ramai mesti berhenti membandingkan dirinya dengan rakan senegaranya dari Sepanyol itu.

Jelas Nadal, ia bagi membolehkan Alcaraz yang masih muda menikmati kerjayanya tanpa tekanan untuk memenuhi jangkaan tinggi peminat.

Alcaraz, 19, bakal muncul sebagai pencabar utama saingan Grand Slam selepas dia menewaskan idolanya, Nadal dan Novak Djokovic ketika merangkul gelaran di Madrid minggu lalu, gelaran Masters keduanya selepas memenangi Terbuka Miami, Mac lalu.

"Satu-satunya yang kita boleh lakukan ialah meraikan perjalanan karier pemain hebat seperti Carlos. Walaupun ia menarik, berhenti membandingkannya dengan saya.

"Jika dia mampu memenangi 25 Grand Slam, ia akan menjadi sesuatu yang menakjubkan untuknya dan untuk Sepanyol.

"Sudah pasti saya akan gembira untuknya. Tetapi biarkan dia menikmati kerjayanya.

"Jangan beri tekanan atau menambah tekanan kepadanya. Jangan tanya saya lagi, saya pasti sangat gembira melihat pemain hebat sepertinya di Sepanyol," katanya.

Nadal, pemenang 21 gelaran Grand Slam, tidak mahu menambah tekanan menjelang Terbuka Perancis hujung bulan ini.
"Saya sangat gembira dengan cara menguruskan kerjaya tenis saya. Inilah masanya untuk menguruskan kerjayanya mengikut cara yang dia mahukan," kata Nadal.

Disiarkan pada: Mei 12, 2022 @ 10:11am

cek mek molek

CG Super Hardcore Club
gemgemgemgemgemgem
Paid Membership
Top Poster #4
Reaction score
Awards
He beat local hero Jannick Sinner 7-6(7/5), 6-2 in today's last eight clash.

Tsitsipas makes Rome semis after match point drama​

May 13, 2022 11:20 PM

tsitsipas130522-ap.jpg
Stefanos Tsitsipas serves the ball during his quarterfinal match at the Italian Open. (AP pic)

ROME: Stefanos Tsitsipas reached the semifinals of the Italian Open today after beating local hero Jannick Sinner 7-6(7/5), 6-2 in a clash which was stopped for over 10 minutes at match point after a spectator fell ill.

World No 5 Tsitsipas has already won the Monte Carlo Masters this clay swing and reached the last four in impressive style against Italian Sinner, who was in his first ever Rome quarterfinal.

Next up Tsitsipas will face Alexander Zverev, who made the semis after comfortably seeing off Cristian Garin, the only unseeded player left in the tournament, 7-5, 6-2.

It will be the third time in the space of a month that the German will meet the Greek in the last four, with the pair sharing the honours from clashes in Monte Carlo and Madrid.

“He’s one of the most difficult players to play against on the tour. I have a lot of respect for him as he’s achieved a lot in our sport,” said Tsitsipas of Zverev.

Sinner fired up an enthusiastic centre court crowd on a hot day in the Italian capital after battling back from three games down to level the first set at 3-3, and from there the pair bumped heads.

The first set lasted nearly an hour and a half as both players shared the serve and Sinner landed a series of delicate drop shots which confounded Tsitsipas.

However Tsitsipas finally took the opening set after breaking Sinner to take the tie-break to 6-5 and from there his opponent didn’t recover.

The fervent atmosphere was finally dampened when Tsitsipas broke serve in game three and No 13 Sinner had no reply, losing his serve again to love in game seven.

Sinner’s fate seemed sealed but at the second match point for Tsitsipas someone in the crowd appeared to collapse and play was stopped amid loud whistles directed at the umpire who wanted to continue.

What seemed like an age passed before the spectator was stretchered out of centre court and Tsitsipas could finally serve his match point, and a simple passing shot from Sinner’s miscalculated drop shot sent him through.

“I’ve had these situations in the past. The important thing is to stay within your element,” Tsitsipas added.

“It could have been something that dropped my rhythm but I didn’t want it to get in my head.”

Swiatek continues hot streak
Tsitsipas will take No 4 spot in the world rankings on Monday after Rafael Nadal’s shock third-round exit at the hands of Denis Shapovalov last night.

Shapovalov faces Casper Ruud knowing a win would give him a possible semifinal against Novak Djokovic, who is in action in the day’s final match against Canada’s Felix Auger-Aliassime.

Djkokovic needs to beat Auger-Aliassime to maintain top spot in the world rankings, a position he has held for a record 369 weeks.
Iga Swiatek stretched her winning streak to 26 matches after a straight-sets victory over Bianca Andreescu, 7-6(7/2), 6-0.

Swiatek, the reigning champion in Rome, is gunning for a fifth tournament victory in a row and showed why she is the favourite for the French Open later this month with a routine win against Canadian Andreescu.

The world No 1 will face Aryna Sabalenka in the women’s semifinals after the third seed beat Amanda Anisimova 4-6, 6-3, 6-2.

Belarus’ Sabalenka beat Anisimova for the first time in five attempts after the American had ended her Madrid title defence in the first round at the end of last month.

cek mek molek

CG Super Hardcore Club
gemgemgemgemgemgem
Paid Membership
Top Poster #4
Reaction score
Awards

Djokovic keeps top spot after edging past Auger-Aliassime in Rome​

Saturday, 14 May 2022 07:21 AM MYT

1652491488632.png

Serbia's Novak Djokovic celebrates winning his quarter final match against Canada's Felix Auger Aliassime in Rome May 13, 2022. ― Reuters pic

Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates.

ROME, May 14 ― Top seed Novak Djokovic beat Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime 7-5 7-6(1) to reach the semi-finals of the Italian Open yesterday and move within one win of 1,000 career victories.

By reaching the semis in Rome the Serb also retained his world number one ranking and avoided surrendering top spot to Russian Daniil Medvedev for the second time this year.

Djokovic and Auger-Aliassime were neck and neck until the Serb broke to lead 5-3 but the eighth seed fought back.

ADVERTISING

It proved only a blip though as Djokovic wrapped up the opening set in style.

The 21-year-old Aliassime was applauded by Djokovic for his display of endurance in rallies but again fell 5-3 behind, only to drag himself back into the contest again.

Having forced a tiebreak though, Aliassime was no match for Djokovic who found another gear when required.

Djokovic will next face Norwegian fifth seed Casper Ruud who continued his good form on European clay as claimed a hard-fought 7-6(7) 7-5 win against Canada's Denis Shapovalov.

“He has the lethal serve honestly... It was not easy for me at all to return. He's also returning well, moving well. He's a very complete player,” Djokovic told reporters.

“I was a set and 5-2, match point, serving for the match. Credit to him for fighting back. Amazing atmosphere as well tonight.”

World number three Alexander Zverev remained on course to claim his first title of the season after overcoming Cristian Garin to set up a semi-final showdown with Stefanos Tsitsipas, who saw off home favourite Jannik Sinner.

Zverev, who won the title in Rome in 2017, eased into the last four with a 7-5 6-2 win over Garin in the pair's first meeting since the Chilean upset him on home soil en route to winning the ATP 250 event in Munich three years ago.

Garin, the only unseeded player remaining, had the first break point of the match at 3-2 but Zverev squirmed his way out of it and broke his 25-year-old opponent to take a 4-3 lead and, after some poor shot selection, closed out a gritty opening set.

Zverev comfortably won the second set after Garin dropped serve in the opening game.

“I think it was a high level match, at times it wasn't pretty tennis but I got the job done and that's the most important thing,” said Zverev, who is yet to drop a set in Rome.

Tsitsipas kept his composure in front of a raucous crowd to hold off Sinner for a 7-6(5) 6-2 victory.

In an entertaining opening set lasting nearly an hour and a half, Tsitsipas raced to a 3-0 lead and Sinner battled back to draw level before the Greek edged it on the tiebreak.

Tsitsipas cruised through the second set and, after a stoppage in play at match point when a spectator fell ill, dealt with Sinner's miscalculated drop shot to triumph.

The 23-year-old beat Zverev in Monte Carlo before clinching the title in April before the German avenged his defeat in Madrid last week.

“He's a player that challenges me when I'm out on the court,” Tsitsipas said of Zverev. “He has a lot of experience on the tour, much earlier than when I started playing here.

“We have similar game styles but he is one of the most difficult players on the tour.” ― Reuters

cek mek molek

CG Super Hardcore Club
gemgemgemgemgemgem
Paid Membership
Top Poster #4
Reaction score
Awards
Men's Single

3B0398FF-97F3-49FE-A192-A5E0371F4B39.jpeg

Ladies's Single

B3E626C7-F42B-4A5A-8FC3-BA395965DF74.jpeg

Sponsored Post