• Forum searching, newly uploaded avatar and existing gif avatar currently not working properly. We are working on it.

The strategy of data backup

Recommended Brokers

killtestcom

Freshie
Reaction score
In order to strengthen data security, a variety of backup software appeared in the last years, just like TSM, NetBackup, NetWorker, and ARCserve. The different software has different function. According to the back-up strategy, the backup can be divided into three kinds now. They are full backup, incremental backup, differential backup and cumulative backup.

Full backup: copy all documents from the given computers or file system. Whether there is any change isn’t important.

Incremental backup: backup the data which increased or changed after the last backup. Incremental backups can be divided into multi-level.

Differential backup: backup the data which changed after the last full backup. If you just backup twice, the contents of incremental backup is the same as the differential backup’.

Cumulative backup: use the management of database, record the changes of each point in time, and backup the changed value to the appropriate array. This guide to resume point in time.

The methods we usually use are full backup, full backup +incremental backup, full backup +differential backup, and full backup+ cumulative backup.

PIC one: full+ incremental backup

PIC two: full+ differential backup

PIC three: cumulative backup

Sponsored Post

sk4r03

Fun Poster
Reaction score
tuan tanah..explain sket ape yg lu cube nk citer ni..apo neh..xfaham ler..#:-S

Karen

Freshie
Reaction score
Very helpful information. I also need to get my data, very important to me. It seems to me that in this case, as in the matter of storing information on a computer, it will be very important to create an image, that is, a copy of the information, in order to avoid such problems in the future. Disk imaging software is often referred to as disc cloning software. While these two processes basically do the same – copy disk data, but there’s a difference. However, many of disk image tools include cloning functionality as well (adding more confusion to our already confusing and complex world of today).

Last edited:
Sponsored Post