BTC USD 63,532.7 Gold USD 2,383.81
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

Streamyx : Pakai WEP lagi? Jom tukar WPA2

serwan

Active+ Member
Reaction score
Fight for your right.
Kita bayar senang2 orang nak crack plak.

1. Log-in to router using admin account (http://192.168.1.1)
Username: tmadmin
Password: tmadmin

2. Goto Wireless > Basic
a. Change the SSID to any prefered ID.
b. Save/Apply.

Using the default SSID by TM will let the whole world know that you are using a TM supplied wireless modem (eg. Riger DB108-WL) and hence easier for hackers to identify what modem you are using and try to exploit any known vulnerabilities.

3. Goto Wireless > Security
a. Change "Network Authentication" to WPA2-PSK.

b. Key in the "WPA Pre-Shared Key".
Use combination of alphabet, number and symbols for a good key as u would use for any password. (i.e 10wy@tdotn3t^_^ )
Remember this key as you will need to key-in on every wireless devices (laptop, handphone, etc.) trying to connect to this network.

Note: Older devices might not support WPA2. If this is the case, use WPA-PSK instead.

c. Select "AES" for the "WPA Encryption"

Save dah reboot PC anda.

4. Change the router login password for tmadmin and tmuser

a. Management > Access Control > Password
Change the password for tmadmin and tmuser.

Remember the password. You will need it when logging into the router page in future.

b. Save/Apply.

5. Finally "Save/Reboot"

p/s: Anda mungkin tak dapat nak connect wifi lepas reboot, kalau ni jadi, cucuk lan cable dan pergi ke web tu lagi, dan tukar ssid lagi, pastu save dan reboot lagi. Den kena tukar ssid 3 kali baru takde problem.

Last edited:
Sponsored Post

Joel said on : December 28th, 2008 at 10:13 am
Well this might be a good idea but sometimes when you disable a SSID the computer can’t connect even if you know the SSID. I prefer to keep the SSID on while securing the router the regular way using encryption, also you can limit the router connection to registered MAC addresses only.

i think the D-Link directions are incorrect. if you turn off the radio, you are turning off all signaling and will result in making it simply a router without wireless functionality.

Note that turning off SSID broadcasting will make it impossible for most devices to connect to your wireless network like printers, game consoles, etc.

However, if they are plugged in directly to the wireless router, they should work fine. And DHCP should have nothing to do with SSID broadcasting.

Hi, I have disabled the SSID because someone got onto my connection and downloaded 4.8Gig in 24 hours but now I have the problem that if I manually disconnect the connection I cant find it to reconnect !! can you help. Cheers my system is a windows xp 2002 professional. cheers

Antara problem bila tak broadcast ssid.

huhuh... pokdin pakai router apa?? bleh usha kat sini..

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...er-ssid-broadcasting-on-your-wireless-router/

next time nak connect just masukkan nama SSID router tu dan wep/wpa... orang lain yang tak tau nama SSID takbuleh connect...

kalau pokdin nak lagik selamat...banyak lagi cara, limitkan mac address dan macam2 lagik...

:p

kurt,kalau nak lajukan firefox tu camne nak buat..
katthread lagi satu ade,tapi in english,so x berapa jelas arahan die.:">:">:">

Sponsored Post

CG Sponsors

Back