BTC USD 54,272.5 Gold USD 1,792.60
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

Megenalpasti Support & Resistance

darkN

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Aku just copy n paste kot2 dapat membantu yang lain.

Trading these lines can be very profitable, and you can do away with indicators if you follow a few simple rules...

1. The steeper the line the shorter it lasts, keep your stops tight if it moves away quickly. Keep your stops just above (resistance) or below (support) the line.

2. The price will always move back towards the support or resistance to test it, if there’s been a sizeable move, wait for the consolidation to bring it back to the line, then trade.

2. You need at least three touches (or points in a line) to confirm that it is a support or resistance level. Two is not enough. If the price action moves away fast from the line connected by these points it’s probably the dying gasp, but don’t trade until you hit that line again.

3. A good way to choose an entry is to look for an established line and follow it up with sell orders a few pips below (support) or buy orders above the line (resistance) in the opposite direction.

4. If a “trend” is older and you're not sure if it's going to break or not, wait till you're on the line and then straddle it, that way you can get into an older move. I wouldn’t recommend this though; rather wait for a change in direction. Once you’re into the rhythm you’ll almost always have an open position.

5. If you’re not sure phase in your trades, add to your position every ten or twenty pips.

6. Breaks off support and resistance are generally confirmed by big bars or a big bar, so if you see one on a line you know the “trend” has probably changed.

7. Price does not like support or resistance levels. It mostly tests them and then moves away quickly. You’ll rarely find much price action in the vicinity of the line. If price is hanging around a support or resistance level, it’s likely to break in the opposite direction.

8. If the market is moving up you only trade the support line, if down you only trade the resistance line...

Ni aku kena marah.... :((
Rules are there to bend and break. PASR is for making money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by darkN
I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Is this where the current support should be? I'm used to Murrey math for a long time, it's quite difficult to get back to naked chart.

I'm following these rules to spot the line. Hope this is the correct way.
1. The steeper the line the shorter it lasts, keep your stops tight if it moves away quickly. Keep your stops just above (resistance) or below (support) the line.

2. The price will always move back towards the support or resistance to test it, if there’s been a sizeable move, wait for... .​

I'm used to Murrey math for a long time, it's quite difficult to get back to naked chart.

I used to use Murrey Math Lines before I identified SR from PRICE. Many times they are at the same level as our SR lines. I know of a few traders that make a living trading off these but they are, and always will be, 2nd best to TRUE SR identified from PRICE.

The steeper the line the shorter it lasts,
In general yes, but I would never use such a rule to trade with – I would just rather follow PRICE – steep, shallow or whatever.

keep your stops tight if it moves away quickly.
Depends on your style of trading. SL should always be placed near SR, swings and PASR

Keep your stops just above (resistance) or below (support) the line.
See above

2. The price will always move back towards the support or resistance to test it, if there’s been a sizeable move, wait for the consolidation to bring it back to the line, then trade.
Not “always” – I wish this was true, but it isn’t. When the big boys are moving PRICE in a determined manner, there is never time for a re-test.

3. You need at least three touches (or points in a line) to confirm that it is a support or resistance level. Two is not enough. If the price action moves away fast from the line connected by these points......
There is no rule for this. SR levels are determined by previous significant PRICE action. One touch can be significant if it is at a major turning point.

4. A good way to choose an entry is to look for an established line and follow it up with sell orders a few pips below (support) or buy orders above the line (resistance) in the opposite direction.
The only low risk, safe entry is to use a “set up” bar identified by PASR.

5. If a “trend” is older and you're not sure if it's going to break or not, wait till you're on the line and then straddle it, that way you can get into an older move. I wouldn’t recommend this though; rather wait for a change in direction. Once you’re into the rhythm you’ll almost always have an open position.
Not sure what this means. “trend” is older – this is relative – how long is a piece of string? We know how to identify trend changes but do not trade the tops and bottoms – only the meat in the middle.

6. If you’re not sure phase in your trades, add to your position every ten or twenty pips.
A sure way to BLOW YOUR ACCOUNT!

7. Breaks off support and resistance are generally confirmed by big bars or a big bar, so if you see one on a line you know the “trend” has probably changed.
RUBBISHthese big bars around SR are the big boys playing games and doing Stop Runs.

8. Price does not like support or resistance levels. It mostly tests them and then moves away quickly.
Nothing to do with “liking” or “not liking”. These are levels where buyers and sellers, in the past, have proved to act and re-act.

You’ll rarely find much price action in the vicinity of the line.
When PRICE stalls or consolidates at SR it is because there is an agreement between buyers and sellers on PRICE. Something needs to happen to make one or the other believe PRICE should do something different. This pause, stall or consolidation can be short or long in time, wholly dependent on how long it takes for either party to find reasons for PRICE to change.

If price is hanging around a support or resistance level, it’s likely to break in the opposite direction.
Sometimes but not always – definitely not a rule you can trade stress free and with low risk. We need to see WHAT PRICE does at these at these levels rather than guess, otherwise it’s just a coin toss.

9. If the market is moving up you only trade the support line, if down you only trade the resistance line...
Sometimes but not always. A strong trending PRICE may not come down to support but instead to a minor level or not at all.

A generalized set of rules like these are NOT RECOMMENDED for what is being taught on this thread. We learn basic PASR and apply that to each individual pair and trade each pair on a unique case by case basis.

It seems like you have just jumped on the thread WITHOUT reading and UNDERSTANDING the thread from Page 1. There is no shortcut or substitute for this. If you want to learn PASR trading you HAVE to READ and UNDERSTAND each and every post in the thread

Last edited:
Sponsored Post

darkN

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Copy dari mana pun aku tak ingat dah.. Bukan pin bar, just cara nak kenal S&R supaya dapat nak agak pergerakan harga. Just go with the basics.

darkN

Fun Poster
Reaction score

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by darkN
I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Is this where the current support should be? I'm used to Murrey math for a long time, it's quite difficult to get back to naked chart.

2. The price will always move back towards the support or resistance to test it, if there’s been a sizeable move, wait for... .​

I'm used to Murrey math for a long time, it's quite difficult to get back to naked chart.

I used to use Murrey Math Lines before I identified SR from PRICE. Many times they are at the same level as our SR lines. I know of a few traders that make a living trading off these but they are, and always will be, 2nd best to TRUE SR identified from PRICE.

In general yes, but I would never use such a rule to trade with – I would just rather follow PRICE – steep, shallow or whatever.

Depends on your style of trading. SL should always be placed near SR, swings and PASR

See above

Not “always” – I wish this was true, but it isn’t. When the big boys are moving PRICE in a determined manner, there is never time for a re-test.

3. You need at least three touches (or points in a line) to confirm that it is a support or resistance level. Two is not enough. If the price action moves away fast from the line connected by these points......
There is no rule for this. SR levels are determined by previous significant PRICE action. One touch can be significant if it is at a major turning point.

4. A good way to choose an entry is to look for an established line and follow it up with sell orders a few pips below (support) or buy orders above the line (resistance) in the opposite direction.

5. If a “trend” is older and you're not sure if it's going to break or not, wait till you're on the line and then straddle it, that way you can get into an older move. I wouldn’t recommend this though; rather wait for a change in direction. Once you’re into the rhythm you’ll almost always have an open position.
Not sure what this means. “trend” is older – this is relative – how long is a piece of string? We know how to identify trend changes but do not trade the tops and bottoms – only the meat in the middle.

6. If you’re not sure phase in your trades, add to your position every ten or twenty pips.

7. Breaks off support and resistance are generally confirmed by big bars or a big bar, so if you see one on a line you know the “trend” has probably changed.
RUBBISHthese big bars around SR are the big boys playing games and doing Stop Runs.

8. Price does not like support or resistance levels. It mostly tests them and then moves away quickly.
Nothing to do with “liking” or “not liking”. These are levels where buyers and sellers, in the past, have proved to act and re-act.

When PRICE stalls or consolidates at SR it is because there is an agreement between buyers and sellers on PRICE. Something needs to happen to make one or the other believe PRICE should do something different. This pause, stall or consolidation can be short or long in time, wholly dependent on how long it takes for either party to find reasons for PRICE to change.

If price is hanging around a support or resistance level, it’s likely to break in the opposite direction.
Sometimes but not always – definitely not a rule you can trade stress free and with low risk. We need to see WHAT PRICE does at these at these levels rather than guess, otherwise it’s just a coin toss.

9. If the market is moving up you only trade the support line, if down you only trade the resistance line...
Sometimes but not always. A strong trending PRICE may not come down to support but instead to a minor level or not at all.

A generalized set of rules like these are NOT RECOMMENDED for what is being taught on this thread. We learn basic PASR and apply that to each individual pair and trade each pair on a unique case by case basis.

It seems like you have just jumped on the thread WITHOUT reading and UNDERSTANDING the thread from Page 1. There is no shortcut or substitute for this. If you want to learn PASR trading you HAVE to READ and UNDERSTAND each and every post in the thread

faizal_bulat

Permanently Banned - Multiple ID
Reaction score
open above buy, open below sell, open middle stay.. (scalping)
Buy at Support, Sell at Resistance (intraday)

S&R dua2 leh sapu..

geng3

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Aku just copy n paste kot2 dapat membantu yang lain.

See above

Salam Tuan

Bolehkah Tuan bagi penerangan sedikit.:)cgrock

Wassalam

loqueila

Active+ Member
Reaction score

darkN

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Nice one bro.. hehhehe... aku tak tau plak CSR100 tu pasal support n resistance. :">

Lagi baguih... kat forum sebelah tu, dia mintak aku pikir sendiri, dia bagi hint jer. Ekeke.. tapi bagus cara tu, kena kembangkan sket pala otak.

Aku ni maybe emulator, kalau tau cara, aku follow jer. Hehhe.. not a true trader, tapi at least make money, cukup la.. :D
Jgn habeskan duit je manjang.

Satu tujuan...

geng3

Fun Poster
Reaction score
Sponsored Post

Live Forex Chart

Currency
Rates
EUR / USD
USD / JPY
GBP / USD