BTC USD 40,003.8 Gold USD 1,865.41
Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

Banjir di Kedah : Kerajaan Negeri dan petugas2 PAS dipuji

AkuMamak

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum,

Kalau saudara2 berkesempatan membaca akhbar milik sebuah parti komponen BN hari ni .. the Star.. ada surat yang dihantar oleh seorang pembaca yang memberi sanjungan dan pujian kepada pihak2 yang sepatutnya ..:)

Link : http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/11/19/focus/7455465&sec=focus

Friday November 19, 2010

Touched by 1Malaysia spirit of volunteers

It has been a week since the floodwaters receded in Kedah and life is returning to normal. Throughout the ordeal, many people worked hard to help those affected, and as a victim of the flood, I want to say thank you to all of you.

The personnel of the Civil Defence Department were constantly coming to check on us as the floodwaters rose. They were ever smiling and courteous, and those stranded were evacuated in a very professional and orderly manner.

TNB staff came by at all hours of the day and night, constantly monitoring the safety of the substations and turning off the electricity supply when the water level got too high. I was impressed by their dedication and attention to safety.

Kudos to the private groups of volunteers who came with boats, dinghies and life jackets in the middle of the night to evacuate the stubborn who refused to leave until the road had become impassable. You didn’t have to but you did.

And thanks too to all the state agencies and volunteers (some who came from out of town and even out of state) who evacuated, rescued and cared for the displaced. There were those who worked at the evacuation centres to ensure that all the people were fed.

The state government has done a good job in ensuring smooth coordination between all the agencies involved. It was a gargantuan task but you pulled it off. No one was left behind, no one died, and no one starved.

My salute to the staff of emergency services and doctors and nurses who worked round the clock for days on end, even though their own homes were flooded.

My thanks also go to the following groups:

> The engineers of Gamuda who, after four days of flooding, agreed to dig a trench through the bund to let the floodwaters flow out to the drain. The water was previously receding at the rate of only an inch every 12 hours, but after the bund was breached, the water drained out at one foot per hour, and our houses were dry again in no time. If it had not been for their action, we would still be in water right now.

> The Tzu Chi charity for providing us with food and water for many days while we cleaned up, and then for the large bag of foodstuff and full-sized toiletries enough for a family of four, and an angpow of RM200. Your generosity and kindness truly touched our hearts.

> PAS volunteers who did the one truly onerous task that no one else wanted to do. After the floods, small mountains of damaged furniture and wet and stinking mattresses were piled outside our houses which even rubbish collectors refused to take. Along came a group of PAS volunteers with lorries and dumpsters. They loaded and carted away the heaps of stinking junk with their own hands. You did that which others could not even be paid to do! For that, you have my total respect and gratitude.

I was heartened to see that the volunteers comprised all races. The spirit of 1Malaysia has never left our hearts.

P.S.,
Alor Setar.

Sponsored Post

AkuMamak

Reaction score
Umum tau kalo volunteers daripada PAS memang buat kerja ikhlas dalam membantu mangsa2 bencana ... memang tak dihebahkan ... bukan macam sesetengah pihak yang berlakon di depan lensa kamera konon nye depa tu yang buat kerja bantu2 mangsa bencana... walhal berlakon je .. pastu hilang tah ke mana .. masuk paper, tv ..kunun nya depa la yang bertungkus lumus ..

papayaomela

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Syabas kepada petugas2 waktu banjir tempohari terutama agensi2 kerajaan negeri, wakil parti2 politik dan NGO2.

Bantulah rakyat dgn ikhlas dan bukannya menfitnah dalam media. BN patut ditolak dalam PRU akan datang.

wmrn1

Reaction score
BN memang ******, tahu nak politikkan isu sahaja. BN mungkin dapat memper*****kan rakyat di sesuatu masa tetapi tidak sepanjang masa. Ya Allah! Engkau sungkurkanlah BN dari bumi Malaysia ini.Amin!

ulam

CG Top Poster Club
Reaction score
Korang jangan temberang...
Puak2 keris x suka dgr khabar mcm nie...
:">

e.k.

Super Active Member
Reaction score
ya mari kita puji.....puji kasi sampai kembang semangkuk....bagus excellent good job...cemerlang...sbb tolong org banjir...kerja ikhlas tak claim overtime...tak ade duit kopi..kerja lilihi taala..sanggup berkorbann masa kuarga wang ringgit..tak kerjar glamor (tapi kalo masuk paper apa salahnya)...la ni banjir dah surut udah2 le tu pasal politik banjir

jsix

Fun Poster
Reaction score
BN memang ******, tahu nak politikkan isu sahaja. BN mungkin dapat memper*****kan rakyat di sesuatu masa tetapi tidak sepanjang masa. Ya Allah! Engkau sungkurkanlah BN dari bumi Malaysia ini.Amin!

DAP cmner tk masukkan sekali ke?

viper21my

Super Active Member
Reaction score
aisey,,, setoit masuk paper dah ramai puak2 yang melalak lalak,, kesian

alberq

Legendary Member
Reaction score
yela org ko jugak yg post

alberq

Legendary Member
Reaction score