Time now: Jun 1, 12:00 AM

Daily technical analysis of GOLD By INSTAFOREX

Status
Not open for further replies.

painofhell

Active+ Member
Reaction score
Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading upwards. The price tested the level of $1,094.70 in a high volume. According to the daily time frame, we can observe a weak small real body. I found a strong trading range between the prices of $1,077.00 (support) and $1,108.00. Selling gold around our support looks very risky and my advice is to watch for a potential breakout of the trading range to confirm further direction. According to the H1 time frame, we can observe weak supply in the background and buyers' response, which is a sign that selling gold looks risky at this stage. I have placed Fibonacci retracement from most recent upward leg in the M30 time frame. Fibonacci retracement 61.8% at the price of $1,090.00 is on the test. The trend is still neutral.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when selling gold at this stage since the price is near our strong support. Watch for a breakout of our trading range to confirm further direction. Buyers are in control today.
GOLDH407.png

Sponsored Post

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards. The price tested the level of $1,126.20. The intraday trend is neutral. According to the daily time frame, we can observe a supply bar in an average volume. In the M1 time frame, we can observe big weakness (buying climax, supply coming in) around the level of $1,130.35, which is a sign that buying looks risky at this stage. Watch for potential selling opportunities after retracement

Trading recommendations:
Resistance at the price of $1,1350.40 held successfully. Watch only for potential selling opporutnities after retracement (weak demand
GOLDM1.png22.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading upwards. As we expected, the price tested the level of $1,144.80. The intraday trend is upward. In the daily time frame, we can observe a demand bar in an average volume. In the M15 time frame, we can observe a successful test at the supply level of $1,134.00. It encouriged buyers to buy and we got nice result from the test. We got resistance at the level of $1,169.00. Watch for buying opportunities on dips.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when selling gold at this stage and watch for potential buying opportunities
GOLDDaily.png24.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards. The price tested the level of $1,124.11. The intraday trend is downward, so watch only for selling opportunities after retracement. In a daily time frame, we can observe a supply bar in an average volume. In the M15 time frame, we can observe a successful rejection from a point in the control zone ($1,133.25). According to the daily price action, we got support levels at t$1,121.50 and $1,102.00. Today, we got 2 point of control. One is at the level of $1,132.40 and second is at the level of $1,126.50.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when buying gold at this stage and watch for potential selling opportunities after retracement
GOLDM15.png29.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards. As we expected, the price tested the level of $1,115.10. An intraday trend is downward, so watch only for selling opportunities after retracement. In the daily time frame, we can observe a supply bar in an average volume. In the M15 time frame, we can observe a peak volume at the level of $1,115.10 (point of control). Also, we can observe lack of demand at the level of $1,114.10 (no demand bar). According to the daily price action, we broke the support level at $1,121.50 and the next support level is seen at $1,102.00. Daily Fibonacci pivot points :

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when buying gold at this stage and watch for potential selling opportunities after retracement
GOLDM30.png01.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading sideways around the price of $1,138.00. The intraday trend is neutral. In the daily time frame, we can observe testing of Fibonacci retracement 61.8% at the price of $1,136.70 and a neutral bar (indecision). In the M30 time frame, we can observe a massive volume spike (Friday news) and buying climax. After the volume spike, we created a small trading range between the prices of $1,141.00 (resistance) and $1,129.90. I placed Fibonacci retracement to find potential support levels and got Fibnacci retracement 38.2% at the price of $1,127.00, Fibonacci retracement 50% at the price of $1,123.00 and Fibonacci retracement 61.8% at the price of %1,118.50. A potential downward target is near the price of $1,110.00. Anyway, if the price breaks the level of $1,141.00 in a high volume, we may see possible testing of the level of $1,156.00.

Trading recommendations:
GOLDM30.png06.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards. As we expected, the price tested the level of $1,140.23. An intraday trend is neutral. In the daily time frame, I found a trading range between $1,170.00 (resitance) and $1,098.50 (support). In the H1 time frame, we can observe strength (reversal up-thrust) around the level of $1,140.00. Support at the level of $1,142.00 was successfully held, so watch only for potential selling opportunities. I am waiting for a clear breakout of the trading range in a high volume to confirm further short and mid-term direction. Anyway, intraday buying opportunities are preferable. The level of $1,152.00 is the first resistance.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when selling gold at this stage and watch for potential buying opportunities on the dips
GOLDH1.png08.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading sideways around the price of $1,174.00 in a high volume. The short-mid term trend changed from upward to downward. In the daily time frame, we can observe a demand bar in an average volume but with weak close. Besides, the 200 SMA successfully held around the price of $1,175.00. In the M30 time frame, we can observe a strong resistance cluster around the level of $1,175.00. Selling opportunities are preferable. Support levels are at the prices of $1,166.00, $1,156.00, and $1,142.00. Only if the price breaks the level of $1,192.00, we may see further upward movement.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when buying gold at this stage and watch for potential selling opportunities. The first support level is around the price of $1,166.00.
GOLDM30.png21.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards. As I had expected, our profit target at $1,046.21 was met. In the daily time frame, I found a strong supply bar and rejection from our SMA 10. In the M30 time frame, as I had expected, the price reacted from intraday support at $1,046.00. Watch for a potential breakout of $1,046.00 to confirm further downward continuation. Intraday resistance is now at the level of $1,054.00. Next daily support level is seen at $987.00.

Trading recommendations:

Be careful when buying gold because we have a strong rejection from our resistance and gold is in the strong downward trend. Watch for potential selling opportunities.
GOLDH1.png03.png

Overview:
Since our last analysis, gold has been trading downwards.As I had expected, the price tested the level of $1,066.28 in a high volume. In the daily time frame, our SMA 10 was broken and this is the first sign of a potential change in the trend's dynamic. According to the H1 time frame, price rejected from our key support at the price of $1,069.00. I expect testing of $1,088.50. I have placed Fibonacci expansion to find potential profit targets. I got Fibonacci expansion 61.8% at the level of $1,092.50, Fibonacci expansion 100% at the level of $1,108.00 and Fibonacci expansion 161.8% at the level of $1,134.50.

Trading recommendations:
Be careful when selling gold because we can observe strong demand in the background. Watch for potential buying opportunities on dips.
GOLDH1.png08.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Post

Live Forex Chart

Currency
Rates
EUR / USD
USD / JPY
GBP / USD
USD / CHF
USD / CAD